Monday, August 11, 2014

It's Hard To Say Goodbye...

...but is it?

I mean I love Bella buns more than life itself,
but I wasn't shedding any tears when we left her at summer camp yesterday.
I have heard sending kids to camp can be
one of the hardest things to do.
First of all, if it is that hard maybe
you shouldn't do it.
And it's not war, it's camp.
It's a week.
But sometimes Brett says
I lack warmth.

I do have to say the counselors
fascinated Brett and me.
Their energy.
Their zeal for life.
Their smiles.
Brett and I both weren't camp people.
We had never really seen
anything like that before.
High on life.

Clapping, Screaming, Running 30 pound trunks to cabins in over 100 degree heat.
I could barely push Lela's stroller, Brett and I had to take turns.

We shall see how she does...
she was a bit iffy on whether or not camp is for her.
Making her bed with helpers.
Bella and her buddy, Courtney, that went together.
A little family pic before the send off...

No comments: