Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Not Awesome

When your two year old locks you out of the car...
in the carpool line...


I went to grab Rowan's bag from the trunk.
As I shut the trunk I heard the dreadful sound
of the car being locked and I'm not in it.

I start pleading to Jane to-- please let me in.
All the while she is sitting in the passenger seat
playing ant smasher on my iphone.
Giving me a face that looks close to this one.

After a good three minutes, which felt like 30.
Rowan's teacher walked her though unlocking
the door in a sweet teacher voice.
Me yelling-- Jane, unlock it now... 1, 2, 3

So that was yesterday.

Today

Brett stayed home. I love when he takes off.
It usually means french toast, coffee,
and I don't have to drive carpool.
It was a nice day.

And before I forget I wanted to post pictures
of our family bike ride last weekend.
It was a ride to be kept in the memory book.

Lela's first bike ride and
swing in the big girl swing.



Tomorrow Bella has her
3rd basketball game.
Lets see if I can remember
my camera.

1 comment:

the roache hotel said...

wow i'm curious to know the method rowan's teacher used to get jane to unlock the doors!

also, if you are looking for brett's sock, it is on lela's right foot.