Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Let's Keep This Thing Going.



I only posted once in Feb.
That is so sad for the memory books.
I don't wanna let this thing go,
I am so grateful for the memories
I would otherwise forget.
But most days I would rather
rest, read, and watch TV during naps.

Besides Brett's birthday in February.
One of my besties from college got married.
We met freshman year at Baylor and
lived together three of the four years.
Her wedding was in West, Texas.
Brett, Lela, and I took the 7 hours trek.
We had a great time! To be honest I felt a
little depressed a few days after.
Old friendships are so sweet.
Especially with someone as special as Lissa.



The night of the wedding, I got a
message from my doctor saying that my
blood work had come in and my
cholesterol high. 270. (should be under 200)
and my bad cholesterol was 171
(should be below 100)
Heart disease runs in my family.
My grandfather died
of a heart attack,
my uncle had a heart attack.. and so on...
So I am seeing what will happen if I cut
WAY back on eating high cholesterol
foods for the next 4 months.
This is hard for a girls that loves
chips, cheese, and chocolate cake.
We'll get back to that one later.

Lela had her 6 month checkup.
She ended up being sick that day, so we didn't
do a well child visit. We will go back to get the shots.
She is 14 lbs and in the 30th percentile.
"
Still no teeth or hair but so cute I wanna
squeeze her brains out.

She also started eating baby food.

Little elfs


Lastly, Bella finished her basketball season.
She did great. We were really proud of her.
The first couple of games not so great...
then that girl stepped it up.

Proud of you Bella buns.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Loved this post. Dropped a tear when you talked about old friendships! Miss you Lesley!!! I'm so glad you keep up with your blog.

Tiffany said...

Such a great post! I must say you are so beautiful, the pics of you with your friends is so precious. Sad that basketball is over, Bella Buns became quite the player! Mille enjoyed playing with her so much.