Wednesday, May 29, 2013

So I Married An Axe Murderer

Well, I didn't.
At least I hope not.
But he did make me sit through that movie once.
It was less than good.
Way less.

I've always been a lover of the indoors.
Sometimes I like to say I am allergic to the outside.
But now that my oldest really is allergic to the outside,
it doesn't seem right to say that.
Brett on the other hand has hiked the
Colorado trail twice,
Lost Cost once,
and a week of the AT.
All those put together would
total 4 months of straight hiking.
Just hiking.
And sleeping in a tent next to bears in the mountains.
Burying his poop under a rock and bathing in an ice cold creek.
I, on the other hand, had never slept outside when I met Brett. Unless my car, after a wild night in college, counts.
I kid.

So it goes without saying, we can not go to Colorado without at least going on a minimum of a hike every two days.
Which I appreciate.
And my kids love it.
The Great Outdoors!
Better movie.
Much better.





2 comments:

Mdegraeve said...

you guys look like you haven't even aged! miss you all.

Melanie said...

Love these pics! Hope we can hike with your fam one day.... maybe??!!!