Sunday, May 12, 2013

To Lesley From Mom

This poem was written by me
 a little over a year
after my mom and dad died.
I found it the other day
when I was cleaning.
I think she would still
say this to me today.


I sure do miss that lady!
I have a million questions for her.
I want to sit on the couch
 lay my head in her lap
and have her play with my hair.
Laugh at me.
Hug me.
Run errands with me.
Share her wisdom.
Play with her grandkids.
Know Brett.
I want to celebrate her today.
So, Mom, here's to you.
Always in my heart, always on my mind.
 

 
TO LESLEY FROM MOM
written Feb. 15, 1996
(age 15)
When you look up at me
and you see the clouds
know that I am with you
Know that I see your sweet face
Don't ever shed a tear
For I am near
God grabbed me to come home
 I am sorry you were left alone
But you're not
I'm always willing to listen when you pray
You have always been my sweet angle
And I'll remember you at that
Please remember me by the good things
'Cause I'll never forgive myself for the bad
I love you and remember whenever you want to talk
Just pray
And listen for the answer
It will come another day

4 comments:

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

This is so sweet Lesley! It's also amazing how much Bella looks like you as a little girl!

jana fleming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jana fleming said...

beautiful!

Beth said...

Love this!