Monday, February 3, 2014

You Have What?

Since losing my mom and dad
I have guarded myself.
Not allowing myself to fully
love that way very often.
Not on purpose,
just out of protection I suppose.
It wasn't until my mother in law
called me the day after Christmas
that I realized she had snuck
her little way into that place.
The moment she told me she had cancer
I felt that deep,
breath taking pain
I felt after losing my mom. 
Thinking no way God. Not again.
This lady.
She is a mentor to many.
She is my kids best friend.

She raised my husband to be an incredible father, friend, and husband.
She has walked on fire for
her husband, her marriage,
her family, never giving up.

She has faith for all of
us when we don't have it.

She is peace. 
She is grace.
She helps people believe the best in themselves.
She is our rock.
The matriarch.

Please join us in prayer as she
starts chemo and radiation
in the next few weeks.
She has oral cancer
and will beat it,
but it won't be easy.

6 comments:

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Lesley, I will be in prayer for complete healing for her!
You wrote the most beautiful words for your mother in law. What a blessing to have her in your life!!!

Carol Jean said...

What a beautiful tribute to such an amazing woman. Praying for all of you during this difficult and trying time. Much love, Carol and Tracy

Mdegraeve said...

Love all these picture! Love her and love you.

Unknown said...

Leslie, Looking forward to sharing little slices of your life through your blog. What a comfort to know God has blessed you and your mother-in-law with the love and family you share. So glad. I feel faith that God will see you all through this battle in victory. Praying for her. Love from Steffani Powell Lose

Denise said...

Praying for her daily! xoxo

Susan Wilbanks said...

Wonderful loving tribute. I think you are healing. And we pray God's healing on Donna. Thank you again for the pictures that we can enjoy.