Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hey Boo-Boo

We went to yogi bear this year again.
But without a camper it only
leaves us a condo as big as a large closet.
But not without a mock fire place.
Brett is always thinking ahead.
If it were up to me to pack for "camping" trips
we would have underwear,
a pair of clothes, a swimsuit, and shades.
Brett remembers food, bikes, bike trailers,
chairs, squirt juice, beer, beef jerky,
helmets, sunscreen, hats, floaties,
baseball glove, and a boom box.
These days I think it just called a wireless speaker.
Lela played on the spray pad for two hours.
Aunt Allison is so fun.
She took the kids on the "wet hay ride"
I opted out of getting squirted in the face with a fire hose.
I am a bore- I know.
Or in our good moments Brett refers
to me as a "fun killer"
A least I was a dry fun killer.
Lela was again so content for hours in the sand.
If only the other kids took after their little sister.
The big kids are in the...
I want to venture off and go on the big slides and do cool stuff,
but I am still wanting a parent to go with me stage...
which leaves for me with not the idea time I had dreamed of.
You know the reading a book poolside
visiting with my cousins, drinking a cocktail. 
Brett, Jane and I got into the chili dogs that night... 
Until next year...

No comments: