Monday, May 27, 2013

Not Another Taco Bell

There are probably many things,
nope I am sure there are many things,
that I do that Brett hates.
Hate is such a strong word.
My kids aren't aloud to say it,
so I will regress.
Loathes.

One that I know of starts with a road trip,
usually a road trip lasting longer than 8 hours.
Most recently the one we took to Colorado
to see my nephew graduate from high school.
I can merely tell by the expression
on his face when I ask,
"Brett, hey, what were you thinking about lunch?"

After a decade full of road trips he know what that means.

Yes, I am ready to eat.
Yes, I have already pulled up urban spoon.
No, I do not want to stop at any place
that is easy to get to or fast for that matter.
I want to, in this short amount of time,
find the coolest looking restaurant
that you can only get to through going down
a one way street the wrong way.
It is inevitable we will get lost,
he will get frustrated,
drive a bit reckless,
and then threaten to never get off the beaten path again.

But it will be.... Good... Usually.



No comments: